PROJECTS COORDINATOR FULL TIME, TERM (August 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019)
Community Futures of Fraser Fort George is currently seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to join their team as a Projects Coordinator. This role of the Projects Coordinator is to act as project manager with the execution of multiple special projects. This position will keep you engaged in supporting the growth of small business in the region.
As a community-based economic renewal initiative, Community Futures was established by the Federal Government in 1986. Our main objectives are to help rural Canadians start or expand a business and to help sustain and improve communities and their local economies. Locally, Community Futures Fraser Fort George serves the communities of Mackenzie, Prince George, McBride, Valemount and surrounding rural areas.
- This position is required to work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday; however, may require some flexibility in accommodating work outside of regular hours or on weekends. The duration of this position will be from August 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019, to cover a 1-year maternity leave.
- The service area of this position includes all of the Fraser Fort George region, as such travel will be required.
- The incumbent is expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the CFDC Core Values and Quality Standards
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Projects Coordinator is responsible for planning, delivering and reporting on special projects that are undertaken by the Community Futures Fraser Fort George office. The Projects Coordinator may also
be engaged in program development for new projects and activities that may emerge. This includes, but may not be limited to:
- Project Management:
- Development and facilitation of workshops and community events;
- Marketing of program events in the rural communities;
Development and maintenance of project budgets;
- Preparation of reports for internal and external stakeholders, including CFDC Board of Directors’ project funders, project partners, and community stakeholders;
- Preparation of grant applications to support new project development.
- Delivery of internal Community Futures Fraser Fort George training workshops;
- Work with the other team members where and when required;
- Ensure that CF FFG is presented in a positive manner in all public relations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience as a Projects Coordinator or similar role;
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery;
- Background in marketing or community economic development will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated communication and workshop facilitation skills;
- Computer literate (familiar with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking and time management;
- Knowledge of event coordination, marketing, grant writing and reporting;
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license are required.
How to Apply:
Forward resume along with cover letter via email to:
June 29, 2018 at 5:00pm